Starbucks & Dunkin Fall Drinks Review
Fall is arguably one of the best seasons, especially the drinks. Every year stores like Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts come out with their seasonal specials. This year they even have some new additions like Dunkin’s Blood Orange Refresher and Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato. People rave about the drinks waiting for them to return, but how good are they?
1. Dunkin Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew: This drink is best for those who enjoy the flavor of coffee and is not a sweet drink. For those who enjoy sweet coffee or do not like the flavor of coffee, this should not be your first pick. There are still plenty of sweet fall drinks to go around. The strong coffee flavor is one of the top notes with a subtle pumpkin flavor. For those who want the extra pumpkin flavor, you can customize it to add more pumps of pumpkin syrup. Overall this drink is an 8/10 for coffee lovers. It is worth a try this fall.
2. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte: This typical fall drink does not have as much coffee as the cold brew it has more of that pumpkin taste. The PSL from Starbucks is much better than the Dunkin drink. The way the pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg blend together is delightful although the coffee flavor is slightly lost due to the pumpkin spice flavors. This drink is more for those who enjoy sweet coffee instead of strong coffee. This drink is probably a 7/10
3. Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew: This drink instead of having that coffee and pumpkin taste it has a strong vanilla flavor. The only real pumpkin you taste is in the cold foam. Again, like the cold brew, this is more of a drink for coffee lovers; however, it is noticeably sweeter than Dunkin’s mainly due to the vanilla flavor. It is an in-between for those who think the PSL is too sweet but Dunkin’s cold brew is too strong. Altogether this drink is a solid 7/10.
4. Blood Orange Dunkin’ Refresher: This drink is a new addition to Dunkin’s fall lineup. The drink is supposed to be a mix of orange and cranberry but it tastes like orange juice mixed with green tea. The first couple of sips are refreshing, but it is not as good towards the end. This drink is good for a hot day. It's very good for when you are thirsty and craving a sweet drink. The refresher is a 6/10.
5. Dunkin’ Pumpkin Spice Latte: If you are looking for a very sweet pumpkin drink this is the drink for you. There is almost no coffee taste; it is all pumpkin and cinnamon. This is one of those drinks you can have two sips of and be done with because of the sugary taste. However, it's not all bad if you are trying to get into coffee but don't like the bitter taste. This is the place to start. Overall this drink would be a 4,5/10.
6. Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato: this year Starbucks came out with a brand new drink, the Apple Crisp Macchiato. This drink has so many flavors going on at once with the apple, cinnamon, oats, coffee, brown sugar, and vanilla. The flavors don't blend as well as they seem. The apple flavor is very artificial. It tastes like they took the caramel from an apple and an apple jolly rancher and put it in coffee. This drink is better if it is hot because the flavors can blend better. This drink is a 3/10.